Pages

January 2, 2010

Small, Medium and Large



The Mountains of Sierra Vista

I followed my rule, and uploaded the images in reverse, order, selecting small (left), medium (right) and large (center) as my placement options. I put the banner at the top because I know someone who wants a copy. I plan to make a better copy of it. I selected the best 400 pixels, since I know that the Large size is 400 pixels wide.


You have to hit the down arrow to get to the region to the right of the photo below. It appears that I have found the space to the right of the second image. Yes, this is making the final image go downward. The image at the left is a small left placement at 200 pixels wide. The image uploaded was 640 wide, so it got a bit crisper as a result.


This line will be to the left of the medium 320 pixel wide image. This one was also 640 pixels wide, but I did crop out some of the upper and lower portions. From these dawn photos of the desert just west of the 92 Highway in Southern Arizona, there are some elements of beauty to be had, but you have to look close and through the bushes to find it.

I managed to make a few mistakes along the way, one of which was using the delete key to delete forward, which deleted one of the photos that I had uploaded. This may be why the small one is in the middle. They are of dessert, so it really does not make much of a difference what the order is.

By allowing for such a mistake to occur, I can keep the time to a minimum. I did this, and now, I know that the resolutions are 200, 320 and 400 pixels for small, medium and large photographs. Handy information to have, and from the quality of the images I've been able to eek from my security camera, I have to say that the small image looks the best. While the camera shots 640x480 images, they're not the clearest images in the world.

Now that I've tinkered with photos, I have to say I like them allot. It is now going to be a challenge to get photos of the quality that I believe necessary before I really start using them in a blog. Some of the photo blogs out there are very high quality images.

No comments: