Pages

February 25, 2010

Writing Overload

Overwhelm. Overload. Whatever you want to call it, the demands for my fingers to create characters either manually or by pressing keys is extreme. It's been nothing but writing every time I turn around. This is just one more task in the litany of words that I find myself awash in, and it has also become a release subject. Writing is one of those things, that when done well from the outset, bestows rewards along the way that keep you going.

Besides this weekly blog and my daily, I spend a fair amount of time here in the editing window. Words, unfortunately, are one of my better communicative abilities. Pictures work well to, and I've taken steps at improving my photographic capabilities. My abilities have not been in question for a few decades, just the availability of equipment. Now that I have direct-to-digital photo capability (which made its debut in the last post) with a viewfinder, you can look forward to more posts with pictures and illustrations. Cameras are another hobby that I had in years past, and something that is being rekindled. Not only as a pastime, but as a tool for modern life.

Here is a list of recent writing projects that I have undertaken or completed in the last few weeks:
  1. manual addressing of advertising material for the daily blog

  2. a colorful white paper documenting a circuit fix

  3. dozens of 1,000 word explanatory technical e-mails

  4. a magazine article abstract for my 4th industry article

  5. my 3rd magazine article for a different industry publisher (coming soon)

  6. my end-of-the-month bill paying

Yes, I list bill paying as a writing job. It uses a pen, and requires accuracy and thought. As far as this post is going, I realize that I am up against the deadline, and will be putting this through the spell check and making the final edits for grammar, clarity and content in about half-an-hour or so. I'm also letting dough rise for tonight's chicken pizza, and the Game Master icon is flashing for the help desk, begging me to check a message.

The GM reply is now clear, and I have discovered that the use of the numbered list tool here in the "old editor" has caused the formatting glitch to pop up again. No doubt that I will be adjusting the paragraph spacing yet again. I'm considering a switch to the new editor, if the spell check feature has been implemented in the tool bar. I live and die by spell check.

Pizza is slated for dinner and the stone needs time to get hot. I will likely not complete the pizza until after I've published this post. Therefore, there will not be a shot of tonight's pizza, however, here is a shot that is worth sharing.



Anyone who has shared my experience at Domino's Pizza will know immediately what the metal item in the picture is. I didn't have any PAM at the time, so there is a light layer of peanut oil on the screen, since it handles high temperature very well. It is precisely 12 inches in diameter, and is used to hold the skin, making it easier to shuffle the pizza around the work area. I bought two for about $8 each. They are valuable to have, and I will likely buy more for the party that I am planning.

The idea is to make dough and provide the stone and expertise to cook pizzas for guests. Bring your own Toppings comes to mind as a requirement, but I am also apt to collect some funds for the dough, cheese and propane. The grill will cook several pizzas per hour. If such a party happens, I will be sure to snap plenty of pics, and post what is permitted by the guests. Model releases are such a hassle.

So, thanks for coming by and reading the weekly update. I've had to keep from landing and running amok in a single topic, and hopefully, this is not as scattered as last week's post. This post is intentionally haphazard, as I am presently multitasking. The stone has been getting hot for the last 20 minutes, and it's time to work on my dough ball into a pizza crust. A Thin Crust to be exact. Perhaps next week, I will release the recipe for the classic pizza crust.

.... and tell you of some of the dangers of the previously posted recipe.

No comments: