Pages

June 21, 2010

:-) Happy Solstice (-:

On such a milestone day, I can not help but post. The Google logo commemorates the day as the longest of the year. The night begins to creep forward once again, but that's tomorrow and today is today. This is as much of a new year as January 1st. It has been a cause for celebration across civilizations far and wide, at least on this wobbly rock in space. It is also something that makes us all Earthlings, and reminds us of our connection to this world.

Being a citizen of this planet is just not enough for this son of an Archaeologist, I must persist in more than one civilization, and as many know, I populate Vana'diel. It's completely artificial and fictional, yet it is a civilization and culture all of it's own. In fact, as my suitably addicted playmate would remind me, it represents several civilizations and cultures, and the inevitable clash between them driven by the forces of light and dark.

I don't know that he'd be that fleet of finger, but perhaps so. I will admit that I am pleased and proud of his progress within the game realm of Vana'diel, and I hope that he has a good time with is next limit break, which after today, will no longer be the the last in a series of tasks. I do not know what challenges lay in store for me after today, but I will find out as much as I can as soon as I can.

While Earth celebrates it's longest day of the year, Twenty-Five days will pass in Vana'diel, with several of them unpopulated as the world undergoes an upheaval of sorts. The level restriction will be raised from 75 to 80, equalling the standard level limit in the competing online MMO. We in Vana'diel know that it takes time and ingenuity to create content all the way to level 99, and that most of it is likely only an outline in Kanji in a secret book on Tanaka San's shelf.

No comments: