Pages

March 17, 2010

Waypoint Wednesday

There are limits to what can be shot safely.
I have added this to the future acquisitions list.

This is another fine example of shooting sideways.
Auto-Pan I call it. Image correction is in order.
The black lines left and right are marked at mean sea level.



Some landmarks are unmistakable in your life.
Even blurred.

... and they look very different from little closer perspective.


If you hear a crackle on a hot desert night, it might be this.
The La Cholla (choy-'ya). Do not get too close. Period.


There is a reason I like this castle. I used to live in it.
The tangerine trees are still in the front courtyard.
I swear that driveway was steeper. Way steeper.


The GPS did not hurt, but I did not need to punch in the address to find it.
They enclosed the car port, which was always allowed in the original plan.
I remember building this house, from plastic pieces, adding in all the options.
It was the biggest we could make. It was also the last lot that would fit it.


There was one snarl on the way, in Huachuca City. Smoke from a multiple structure fire closed the highway for about half an hour, creating multi-mile long backups northbound. I was headed south, and stopped, and then picked a speed that I did not have to stop anymore.

There is allot of water in that firehose. I think they had two hydrants on this one. The structures were reported to be owned by the (former?) Mayor of the town. Hmmm..... Huachuca City.


I promised a Sunset. It's a little late, but here it is.
Not enough clouds for the traditional Arizona Sunset.
But it was there.



This was this morning's sunrise.
Now, it's off to see where we end up for the next sunset.

-.\\

No comments: