Pages

March 21, 2010

Closed Sunday

Yup. I drove all the way to Pawhuska for nothing but a snapshot from across the road. At least you can see that it was snowing on my favorite BBQ place. This is the original Bad Brad's BBQ joint. I had planned to sit by the fireplace. Bummer. You will get to go here. I promise.



I decided that the Icicles hanging from the awning of a pale shopfront were worth stopping for. Good thing, because while breaking to park, all the snow from my hood finally lurched off landed in front of the car. It would prove to be a wheelspinner when I took of from the photo op.


Not to be un-BBQ'd, I resorted to the best Sunday BBQ on the planet. Dink's Pit BBQ on Frank Philips Blvd. in Bartlesville. Above, you have their signature appetizer (as far as I am concerned). They are called Onion Strings, and pair well with Beer and BBQ Sauce. You can eat them plain. Please note that it is a half-order that is pictured here. It will serve as a appetizer for four (4) people.


I opted for the Solo Plus which is a chopped beef brisket sandwich with the side of your choice. In this case it was the baked beans. Brisket and beans. These are the two things that I forever define a BBQ place by. I've tried dozens over the years, and this dish is always unique from place to place. Having seen all of the changes over the years in Bartlesville, it's nice to know that Dink's remains the same.




No comments: